To succeed... You need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.
~Tony Borsett
So it got me thinking, scary I now but it did. I started to think about what motivates me. Well the chance to stay at home and work on my business full time is a huge motivation. I would rather work my own hours and be more satisfied in my end product then work for someone else and gain them satisfaction. At one time I was able to stay at home but when the economy went into the bucket so did my days of staying at home raising the children. So I am working my way out of that bucket and to me it is a long drawn out process but I keep doing it. Each day I tell myself that I need to keep myself motivated in order to be positive to get back to where I once was....at home doing what I love and what I love is embroidery and sewing and having customers love my stuff and come back for more.
Inspiration...what inspires me? Anything, everything, my moods, my day and my dreams. When I was a child I wanted to be a lawyer and a fashion designer. Weird combination but ok I went with it. Well the closest I got to law was my business law class in college. Which I loved and dreams of being a fashion designer well..........I get to play with that each time I get into my fabric closet. Closet is an understatement...ok so closet, boxes, bins, fabric stashed here and there calling me to pull them next and cut them and turn them into something fun and crazy!
I completed a couple dresses last night. I have to take my sewing machine in since it went off center! I am hoping for just a tune up and it will be ok. My machine is like my baby.....when my Grandmother who taught me how to sew passed away and left me a little money I went out and purchased my sewing machine. I think that is a great tribute to her and I don't want it to stop working for it would make me very sad. This holiday weekend it will take a break and she will go into the sewing machine hospital and get looked at. I know I will have withdrawals since I am just starting to sew again!
Here is what I made that will make it to etsy soon! http://www.etsy.com/people/littlechaz
| European inspired Women's skirt size large/xl |
| Back view: European inspired Women's skirt size large/xl |
| Adorable Pillowcase dress out of retired Merrimeko fabric |
| Another view of the pillowcase dress size 12-18 mths |
| Fun European fabric Women's skirt size Small-medium |
No comments:
Post a Comment